The Mexico Hybrid is a unique Teacher Training designed to deepen your practice of Kundalini Yoga, meditation and lifestyle, while giving you the tools and skills needed to share these spiritual practices in your communities as a Certified Kundalini Yoga Teacher.
The hybrid format consists of 7 months of online learning and a 10 day closing retreat in Puerto Morelos, Mexico, that creates an onsite uniting ceremony, where as a group we delve into the practices and teachings to have an immersive experience.
In this way we are all involved in the co-creation of a learning pathway that allows you to experience the vastness of the Kundalini Yoga and Meditation technology in an independent and self-regulated manner culminating with a profound community engagement opportunity.
ABOUT THE TRAINING
We have created a Kundalini Level One Teacher Training Program that captures the progression of the times. With the sophistication of technology, we are able to bring in a diverse teacher training team filled with high caliber trainers from all over the world.
In this training, we will be diving into the different facets of Kundalini Yoga that point us towards understanding who and what we are, so we may project our radiance and become aligned with the present, our creativity, and infinite possibilities around us.
Training topics include: History and Philosophy of Kundalini Yoga, Sound and Mantra, Pranayama, Kriya, Mind and Meditation, Sadhana, Anatomy and Physiology, Humanology and MORE!!!!
The course is set to run as a 7-month training, where you will have access to the teachers and trainers for support. You have 18 months from the start of the training to complete all of the requirements.
All the online sessions will be live-streamed and recorded while some pre recorded materials will be available as the course progresses, giving you the optimal balance of group energy and connection with personal flexibility. Please see the section below called “Hybrid Structure” for more details about how the course will be structured. And feel free to email us if you have questions about how this amazing learning journey can fit into your life!
Please keep in mind this a 245-hour teacher training. It will require your effort and your focus to certify. There are also certification requirements that will require completion for certification. Please refer to the “Certification” tab above for detailed information.
7 months online
November 2022 – May 2023
The 7 months leading up to the Mexico closing retreat builds a support system, a network, and a constant and conscious engagement for the mind, body, and spirit.
This segment is composed of online live streamed sessions on Zoom as well as independent study with pre-recorded videos and diverse learning opportunities.
There will be livestreamed sessions for the entire group 1 weekend a month and small group sessions with the support of a trainer one Saturday a month with the following schedule:
|Full group weekend sessions|
7 am - 12 pm Pacific Standard Time (Los Angeles)
|Small group Saturday sessions
8 am - 12 pm Pacific Standard Time (Los Angeles)
|Mexico Retreat |
|11-20 May 2023, full days||
|100% Online immersion|
|11-20 May 2023, 8 hour days, scheduled to be announced|
Classes are made up of a combination of Kriyas, Meditations, Alignment Checks, Practice Teaching, Lectures, Videos, Group Activities, Art Practices, Discussion, Sound & Mantra Work and related content delivery.
There is homework every month, material for contemplation, activities of creativity and creation, and other engaging study elements. The online format offers great flexibility to your schedule, yet it is highly recommended that you attend all of the hours of live-streaming and small group meetings. However, if you are unable to do so, we only require 80% attendance, you can watch the classes you missed on the recorded videos and have alternative assignments that are created to be enriching and enjoyable.
MEXICO CLOSING RETREAT
Onsite, May 11-20, 2023
After 7 months, and with a solid basis of connection and practice that builds up to our journey in Puerto Morelos, Mexico, we get the richness of the immersion experience with a daily routine that is filled from beginning to end, but there’s also time built-in for self-reflection, lots of laughter, and restoration.
The schedule onsite in Mexico will generally follow the following format:
- 5:00 am – 7:20 am Morning Sadhana (offered daily, only 5 required)
- 7:30 am – 8:00 am Breakfast
- 8:00 am – 12:45 pm Class
- 12:45 pm – 2:00 pm Lunch
- 2:00 pm -6:00 pm Class
- 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm Dinner
- 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm Study/Reading, Evening Activity or Reflection Time
- 10:00 Lights Out
We have half days set aside with free time to walk on the beach and in the surrounding area. There are some nice places to visit in Puerto Morelos, from Mayan ruins to boat adventure, ziplining, snorkeling, scuba diving, photography tours, there’s endless adventure to be had. Or if you prefer some quiet healing, you can have a walk in the white sandy beach, a swim in the pool and a nap in the hammocks or schedule a facial or body treatment and massage.
*In your free time you may wish to adventure on your own or with classmates. These outings are often generated among participants and any related costs are not included in the program nor is transportation provided by KRI. If you wish to do any sight seeing, please schedule yourself to stay a day or two extra before or after the program.
100% ONLINE TRACK
You asked and we are listening!!
If you want to do your teacher training with KRI and the fabulous team of world trainers, but you do not feel safe to travel, have other engagements during the retreat period or have economic restrictions, you can still join and do the entire training Online.
What does this look like?
During the Mexico retreat, we will have a track especially for those who prefer to be online. This will include special group classes, some broadcasted sessions from Mexico, plus all the recorded content. The day will be approximately 8 hours, with some half days. The expectation is that you attend a minimum of 5 hours of the live sessions each day and you will have the opportunity to watch the rest at your own pace. You will be responsible for completing all of the elements of this part of the training as well, either live or recorded.
Please keep in mind this is a 245-hour yoga teacher training. It will take time and dedication to move through the material and your commitment and accountability comes from within. Yet we do have systems in place for peer accountability and verification of completion, as well as support from the trainers and staff. This is the age of self-initiation!
We are so happy you are interested in joining this program!
Thank you for your interest in joining the Mexico Hybrid 2022-2023 Level 1 Teacher Training.
We are so excited to get to know you, answer all your questions and welcome you into the program. Whether you choose the Hybrid Track or the 100% Online Track, we want to make sure to be with you from the very start.
We have designed an application process that will allow us to do just that, ensuring an integration into the Training before it even starts. These are the steps for registration if you are ready to apply.
- Complete application forms.
- Schedule an Application Conversation: For this 30 minute meeting, you will be asked some questions that will facilitate our conversation. During the meeting we will have a chance to get to know you better, answer all your questions and get you the links for registration.
- Fill out the registration and make a $500 deposit to reserve your spot or make full payment.
- Receive welcome emails and access to the student platform!
- Complete payments before the start of the course, by November 10, 2022.
Venue and Travel
During the Online portion of the program, you get to absorb the teachings while in the comfort of your own space… then, you get to immerse yourself in a nourishing and luxurious experience of 10 days in the retreat center “CASA OM”, Puerto Morelos, Mexico.
Located in the Mayan Riviera, Puerto Morelos is a small town just 25 minutes away from the Cancún International Airport. It offers all the great Caribbean experience, without the tourist packed environment.
Casa Om is a retreat center created by yogis for yogis!
Great location, comfortable accommodations, excellent food, exclusive and intimate for retreats.
All rooms are shared rooms, designed with hand carved furniture from India with comfort in mind.
- Massage Room: We have a great team of massage therapists!
- Pool: Cool off after class in our pool or hang in the hammocks
- Beach: We are across the street from a white sand beach (though there is seaweed sometimes) and it takes about 1 minute and 29 seconds to get there.
- Rooftop Palapa: Our rooftop palapa is perfect for dining with an ocean breeze.
- Vegetarian Kitchen: Our chefs care deeply about making delicious, nourishing, healthy meals to support your experience!
- Perfect location: We are just 25 minutes from the Cancun Airport. Puerto Morelos is a small town in between Playa Del Carmen and Cancun. Its small, quiet and totally accessible.
- Wifi : You can stay connected as needed or shut tech down and enjoy all we have to offer.
- Fun things to do: We are walking distance to beach bars, amazing restaurants, town square, shops, church, a spa, and massage.
At Casa Om there is a full gourmet vegetarian kitchen. They offer extensive Mexican, Thai, New American, and Lebanese food options. Visitors can enjoy fresh juices and superfood smoothies. All dishes are prepared with a healthy yogic lifestyle in mind.
There are gluten free and vegan meals options as well. You can have all your meals at Casa Om (included in the retreat price) or you can explore restaurants in the area as well.
The yoga room was designed with a multitude of yoga styles in mind. Features of the room include – mirrors, walls for back bending, heat for hot yoga, air conditioning for meditation, fans, nonslip, clean floors, expansive views, great air circulation, a sound system, mats, towels, and blocks. The room is 40’ wide x 25’ deep for a total of 1000 sq. feet.
Other activities to enjoy at CASA OM
In addition to yoga, here are some of the many things to do:
1) Coral Reef snorkeling & Scuba Diving
2) Cenote swimming (underwater caves)
3) Beach Volleyball
4) Enjoy live music in town
5) Shopping in town, Playa Del Carmen and Cancun
6) Visit the Mayan ruins
7) Climb a pyramid in Coba
8) Visit Chichen Itza
9) Zipline, atv and swim at Xplor
10) Enjoy world-class shows at Xcaret
11) Take a boat to Isla Mujeres
12) Visit turtle reserves in Akumal
13) See crocodiles at Crococun
14) Cliff jump at Kin Ha
15) Beachside massage
16) Basketball and soccer fields
Casa Om is only 20 minutes from Cancun Airport.
Citizens from many countries, including the U.S., Canada and the UK do not require a visa to enter Mexico. The conditions and requirements are:
- Maximum stay of 90 days
- Current valid passport
To have all the information regarding entering the country, please click here.
Travel conditions with COVID-19 are changing worldwide. For the most updated requirements for Mexico, please click here.
The Aquarian Trainer™ KRI Level One Immersion Teacher Training Program is open to everyone. The 220-hour certification program exceeds the Yoga Alliance requirements, and graduates earn the title of KRI Certified Instructor of Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan®.
As a KRI certified Kundalini Yoga Instructor, you will be trained to carry the legacy of Kundalini Yoga into the Aquarian Age. By teaching Kundalini Yoga, you link into the Golden Chain, and you uplift yourself at the same time you are uplifting your students and elevating the frequency of the planet!
This is a 7-month training beginning with a 7 month online experience and ending with a 10 day residential program. At the end of 7 months and upon completion of all certification requirements, you will be eligible for certification.
You have 18 months from the start date of your program to complete all of the requirements. KRI will process and approve your certification as quickly as possible. Please note that KRI does not issue certificates before the 6 months is complete. The KRI Teacher Training team reserves the right to grant KRI Certification solely at their discretion and the evaluation of each participant’s readiness to be a Kundalini Yoga instructor. Evaluation is based on successfully meeting the KRI Teacher
Training program requirements including, but not limited to:
- Attend 20 or more Kundalini Yoga classes taught by a KRI certified instructor in your area.
- Or complete the 20 classes by participating in KRI certified videos and read and write a 300 word essay on the book Sadhana Guidelines by Gurucharan Singh Khalsa available at KRI’s online store, The Source. Ask about our discount on the materials needed to fulfill this prerequisite.
- Mastery of the English Language is highly recommended.
Requirements During the Program:
- Full Payment of Fees
- Attend ALL 205 hours of classroom instruction or watch replay videos – 80% live attendance is required during the online portion and for those registered in the 100% Online track, 5 hours of live attendance is required during the Mexico Retreat.
- Participate in all small group sessions
- Participate in 5 Complete Morning Group Sadhanas
- Receive satisfactory assessments for 2 practicums
- Complete homework and in-class activities
- Pass all written and/or oral exams on material covered in class
Post Program Requirements:
- 40 hours of assigned homework
- Create two sample yoga class curricula
- Complete a 40 day yoga set / meditation with journal entries
- Attend 20 Kundalini yoga classes during or after completion of the training
- Attend one full day of White Tantric Yoga or alternative 1 day meditation activities such as a Rebirthing series, Sat Nam Rasayan workshop, etc.
- Complete 8 hours of seva project
- Properly represent and sign the Code of Ethics and Professional Standards for Kundalini Yoga Teachers
After completion of Level One, we invite you to continue on your journey toward becoming a Teacher by completing Levels Two and Three.