Onsite Check-in and Registration: Saturday June 24, 3 – 6 pm. All participants must check in before attending the training. If you need to arrive outside of these check in times please let the administrator know firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location of Training and Check-in will be Sadhana Nivas (aka Hacienda Yoga Studio) located on Shakti Lane in the former Ladies Camp campground. See Ashram Map below.
Program Begins: Sunday June 25, 8 am
Meals: Breakfast June 25 – Breakfast July 2, 2017
Note: There will be an optional Kirtan program (spiritual music) and Langar (community meal) happening on Saturday evening June 24 starting around 6pm on Yogi Bhajan’s Ranch which will be free and open to all.
Albuquerque International Sunport Airport (ABQ) is the most common destination. There is a smaller, closer airport in Santa Fe (SAF) that has expanded its flight options in recent years, so you may want to shop and compare flight times and rates between these two airports when choosing the best flight for you. You can rent a vehicle or arrange in advance to catch a shuttle to Espanola. If you are not opting to rent a vehicle, you may wish to begin exploring some ground transportation options via the City of Albuquerque website at http://www.cabq.gov/airport/parking/ground-transportation/ground-transportation/ .
It takes about 2 hours to travel from the Albuquerque International Sunport Airport to the Training in Espanola. Be sure to arrive in Espanola with plenty of time to check in onsite and settle into your accommodations before training begins. The program begins first thing Sunday morning so you will want to arrive the day before. You must check-in at Onsite Registration prior to attending the training.
There are several independent airport shuttle services available to drive you from the Albuquerque International Airport to the training in Espanola. Ask the shuttle driver to bring you to the Gold House, at the “Former Ladies Camp” on Shady Lane.
Note: For service between Summer Solstice and the Espanola Ashram contact White Buffalo, Twin Hears or Good to Go Taxi.
- Twin Hearts Shuttle Service Phone: 1-800-654-9456 or 1-575-751-1201
- Roadrunner Shuttle Phone: 1-505-424-3367
- White Buffalo Specialty Shuttle Service: 1-831-359-8077
NOTE: The last pick up is usually at 5:30 pm. Please make sure your flight arrives before this time. If not, you will need to rent a car or stay in a hotel near the airport overnight and take the shuttle the following morning.
For transportation in and around Albuquerque as well as between the Albuquerque Airport and Espanola click here.
For transportation around Espanola (FREE) click here.
There is also a local Espanola taxi service called Good to Go Taxi 505-753-0022
Note: There are NO Car Rental services in Espanola.
Driving from Albuquerque
- Follow Sunport Blvd SE (1.6 mi)
- Merge onto I-25 N via the ramp to I-40/Santa Fe (59.9 mi)
- Take exit 282B for US-285 N/St Francis Dr/US-84 (1.0 mi)
- Merge onto S St Francis Dr/US-285/US-84. Continue to follow US-285/US-84 (25.6 mi)
- Turn right at NM-106 (Dreamcatcher movie theater as landmark) (0.3 mi)
- Turn right on Shady Lane
Driving Directions From Ram Das Puri (Solstice Site)
- From the Ram Das Puri gate turn left and drive south down the road towards Espanola.
- The road turns into pavement at the end – follow the road as it curves to the Right until T intersection.
- Turn Left onto Fairview.
- Cross N. Paseo del Norte and Continue east / straight on Fairview. You will cross the river.
- Turn Right onto Riverside Drive.
- Turn Left onto Highway 76 just past the Pet Sense and Aaron’s on your right.
- You will pass El Parasol Restaurant (yummy!). Continue past the Post Office to the stop light at Highway 106.
- Turn Right onto Highway 106/State Route 106/Yogi Bhajan Memorial Hwy.
- Turn left onto Shady Lane the left to get to the dorms. If you get to the movie theater you have gone too far.
- Or go past Shady Lane to turn left onto E Sombrillo. Turn left through the gate of the ashram to register in the Langar Hall.
21 Stages classroom is #13 Sadhana Nivas (Hacienda Yoga)