Translations & Foreign Publications
If you want to translate an existing KRI publication from English into any other language, you started with the right foot: connecting with KRI.
The KRI Translations & Foreign Publications department is responsible for negotiating agreements, contracts, and licenses involving translations of Yogi Bhajan’s body of work and KRI publications, originally in the English language.
Here you can find the main information on how to start, work through, and finish a project of translation and foreign publication. Below there is an overview of our guidelines.
If you are willing to contribute with voluntary work to translate small documents to your mother tongue, to review and/or to improve Gurmukhi transliteration, please contact us at email@example.com
Please note: We authorize only one translation of the same work-title per language. It is important to follow this Guideline to avoid duplication and to ensure all translations and publications are contracted and licensed. It is also important to note that Yogi Bhajan’s lectures, quotes, kriyas, and meditations are copyrighted. A formal agreement is needed previously to translate and publish any part of it.
EDITORIAL ASSISTANCE: Bit by bit, we are working on editorial assistance with our partners around the world. If you have any doubts or need help with your project – e.g., to establish a better, workable cover price – please, do not hesitate to contact us.
Important Documents to Know and Be Aware Of:
- Translations & Foreign Publications Guidelines
- Project Proposal Form
- KRI-TFP Distribution Policy
- KRI Printing Quality Standards – General Guidelines
- Seva & Work Exchange Policy
- Paying your Publication Royalties: KRI Wire Instructions
- Sending your Report on Sales: standard spreadsheet
- KRI Publication Corrections
- Best Practices in Editorial Management
- Best Practices in Translation Project Management
- Ensuring Quality of Translations
- KRI Reviewer Assessment for Translated Publications
- KRI Subtitling Guidelines