WP Post Author
Type of Content
Type of Experience
Theory and Practice
Jivan Joti Kaur Khalsa PhD facilitates a most fascinating and engaging workshop called “Jiwan Mukht – Experiencing Liberation while Alive.”
Why should I take this course?
- To deepen your understanding between the relationship of life and death
- To live fully in the moment with a sense of purpose and realization
- Dive deep into important concepts of Humanology
Death and loss are universal experiences, which we all experience in our lives. The experience of death and loss are never convenient, and everyone responds to them differently. For some, death is an ending, a tragedy, a wall of sorts; for others, it is a beginning, a door or an opportunity for tremendous personal growth and transformation. With training, we can prepare ourselves to view and respond to these transitions with more grace and inner serenity. We can also help others in their own transformative journey.
Everyone can benefit from these ancient, sacred teachings!
General concepts in the course:
Dr. Jivan Joti will present information on the 5 aspects of Jiwan Mukht:
- Freedom, wisdom and the experience of God or the Infinite Self can be realized while we are still alive.
- The consciousness in which we live will follow us to death and beyond. Fear and other mental states can keep us shackled to our ego, which gives us the experience of hell on earth. Forgiveness gives us the experience of heaven on earth.
- Life is not today and death tomorrow. Both exist right now. We can either say “yes” or “no” to life. Each of us must ask the question, “Am I living or am I dying?” Course participants will explore things like taking risks in life, living our destiny and healing our regrets.
- As God-conscious beings, we are in the world. Everything we do can be done with a consciousness of Seva. Course participants will look at the difference between Seva and charity. They will also look at what it means to live one’s mission and leave a legacy.
- We prepare for death by how we live. The quality of our life will depend upon our understanding and preparation for death.
Jivan Joti Kaur Khalsa earned a Masters of Arts from New Mexico Highlands University and a Ph.D. in Philosophy/Psychology from Sierra University, Costa Mesa, CA. She is a New Mexico Licensed Counselor (LPCC), a Lead Trainer for KRI Level I and II Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training, and a Sat Nam Rasayan Practitioner and Healer (Level 3).
Jivan Joti started her studies with Yogi Bhajan in 1970 and continued up to his death in 2004. For the past 50 years, she has taught Kundalini Yoga, Meditation, and Humanology – the science of conscious living – to a variety of populations, nationally and internationally. It is her passion to share the many invaluable yogic tools we have at our disposal to enhance our personal and professional lives. She is now focusing on facilitating trainings on death and end of life issues, based on Yogic and Eastern teachings.
Jivan Joti Kaur Khalsa is also the author of “The Art of Making Sex Sacred” and “A Million Ray Sun: The Yoga of Aging and Chronic Illness“.
Dr. Jivan Joti Kaur facilitates an in depth training “The Dying into Life Journey”. Watch this video to learn more.
Connect with Dr. Jivan Joti Kaur Khalsa: