A Yogic Approach for Grief Recovery
with Shanti Shanti Kaur Khalsa PhD
Grief can grip our heart, mind and body in so many unique ways. Each person’s journey is individual and grief can feel so isolating. And when we experience multiple loss, we can feel disoriented, overwhelmed, depressed, and cut off from our inner wisdom.
This webinar explores the real lived experience of the many facets of grief. It provides a compass to navigate our varied reactions as the pendulum swings through the stages and emotions of the loss.
How and when to start the process of Grief Recovery makes a difference. We begin with centering into our embodied experiences, recognizing the truth of our own being, and coming back to trust ourselves as we integrate the loss as profound and meaningful change.
Concepts Covered in the course:
- Understand grief and the cycle of grief
- Learn specific & simple techniques to transform and integrate the experience of grief
- Develop new awareness to develop spiritual maturity
- Informative lecture with expert presenter; applies to all kinds of grief
- 1 hour and 20 minutes, self paced & pre recorded from a live Zoom class
Why take this course:
- You will walk away with a MUCH better grasp on how to move through grief cycles. Understand deeply the yogic understanding of grief and the recovery process that is available to each of us. Learn to assess, integrate and move through the dramatic changes that loss brings into our lives. Grief can be a powerful tool for transformation and here’s how!
What does this course include:
- Learn to integrate the changes that grief brings
- 1.20 hour lecture with leading grief recovery expert Dr. Shanti Shanti Kaur
- Lectures & Stories
- Sharing & new discoveries, inspirations and a solid footing for the future
- Self paced learning in one of the deepest topics of life
Shanti Shanti Kaur Khalsa, PhD, C-IAYT, YACEP, brings the ancient teachings of Kundalini Yoga into modern medicine. She has taught Kundalini Yoga since 1971 and began to teach people with chronic or life-threatening illness in 1986, during the AIDS epidemic. She is founding director of the Guru Ram Das Center for Medicine & Humanology, with the mission to bring Kundalini Yoga into healthcare. She is a Certified Kundalini Yoga Therapist, a Medical Family therapist, and a KRI Certified Kundalini Yoga mentoring lead trainer for Levels 1 and 2. Dr. Khalsa is a charter member of the International Association of Yoga Therapists and served on the team that developed IAYT Educational Standards for Yoga Therapy Teacher Training. She developed and directs the accredited 1,120-hour Kundalini Yoga Therapy Professional Training, in 48 countries. Her Kundalini Yoga program for people living with HIV is featured in the book, Yoga as Medicine by Timothy McCall, MD. And her groundbreaking work in Kundalini Yoga Therapy is in Yoga Therapy and Integrative Medicine: Where Ancient Science Meets Modern Medicine.