Welcome to the Learning Platform for the 2021-2022 Level 1 Costa Rica Hybrid Teacher Training
Welcome to the Costa Rica Hybrid Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training Learning Platform.
In this space you will be able to find all the practical course information, from schedule to certification requirements.
The module material will also be published in the section underneath. The day we begin each module, the pre-recorded videos will be published, as well as any assignment that should be completed before the next module. On the Tuesday after our zoom meeting sessions, you will have available the recordings of that module as well.
We wish you a wonderful transformation journey in becoming a Kundalini Yoga Teacher!
Costa Rica Hybrid Training Team
For any questions, contact Inderjot Kaur at email@example.com
Certification Packet List for Student-Teachers
After completing the certification requirements, you can submit the complete certification packet to Inderjot Kaur at firstname.lastname@example.org for final review.
To receive your certificate you must submit the following documents:
- 40 Day Personal Sadhana Sheet (click here to download)
- 20 Classes Sheet (click here to download)
- 8 hour Seva Sheet (click here to download)
- Proof of 1 day of Intensive Meditative Practice or White Tantric Yoga (see below for more information)
- Your final 6 day curriculum
- Your final 8 hour workshop outline
You are encouraged to submit one or both curricula to the Student Platform as soon as possible. The Hybrid Team will review each curriculum make suggestions. You are then responsible for revising the curricula by the end of May in order to be eligible for certification by the end date of the program.
Other requirements for certification:
- Attend or make up accordingly 180 hours of live class sessions (options for full online include 3 hour a day attendance, during Costa Rica portion + watching the recordings)
- Receiving a passing grade on the exam. Will be done in person or in online groups.
- Perform satisfactorily in 2 student practicums
- Participate in 5 morning Aquarian Sadhanas
- Read, understand and sign the Code of Excellence
If all of the student’s certification requirements are complete and approved the student can expect to receive their certificate 1 month after the full 6 month training program is complete.
Without denying the power, uniqueness, and potency of White Tantric Yoga, the requirement to participate in a day of White Tantric Yoga in order to qualify as a Level One certified Instructor can be substituted by participating in a day of intensive, group, Kundalini Yoga meditation.
KRI still strongly recommends that all students participate in a day of White Tantric Yoga, if possible. The day of intensive group meditation will be fulfilled by a group Kundalini Meditation course or workshop that meets the following criteria:
- Contains at least 6 hours of meditation practice within a 24 hour period (study, lecture, discussions, etc. do not count towards the ‘meditation’ time).
- Are within the tradition and teachings of Kundalini Yoga as Taught by Yogi Bhajan, and
- Is led by a KRI licensed teacher trainer (with exceptions being permitted with the lead trainer’s approval) The lead trainer must sign-off on the particular manner in which the student wants to fulfill this requirement. The student can always appeal to KRI if they disagree with their lead trainer’s decision. Examples of the kinds of courses that would fulfill this requirement include, but are not limited to:
- A day of 21 Stages of Meditation
- White Tantric Yoga
- Five Rebirthing kriyas (for this particular choice, please do NOT take all in one day, but spread out over at least 5 days)
- A Japa course such as Re Man or Kundalini Surjhee
- Sat Nam Rasayan intensive course with qualified
Complete online classes with Sat Siri or online with a KRI certified instructor.
For classes with Sat Siri click here.
For a one month free membership use the code:LOVE1
During this course you will be teaching two practicum classes to your peers. To help you in this journey we have compiled a list of documents that can help you prepare to teach your first Kundalini Yoga class.
This document has a series of guidelines and tips for you to have a successful practicum experience. Please download and read carefully before your practicum.
Student Teacher Practicum Assessment
This document will be used to assess your teaching practicum. It is here as reference on evaluation items for you. Practicum Evaluators will fill out and send to you after your practicum.
This document is a suggestion of a possible warmup sequences. As a reminder, warm ups are optional. You can choose to use other techniques to warm up, such as a pranayama sequences (Breath of Fire, Ego Eradicator, Lion’s Breath, Nadi Cleansing). You may also use a sequence of postures to warm up the spine and the rest of the body.
Curriculum Development for Student-Teachers
As a Kundalini Yoga Teacher you will constantly need to create lesson plans, as well as course and workshop curricula.
One of your Certification Requirements is to submit the following two course curricula:
- A six week course of classes
- A one day 8 hour workshop
For each curricula please include the following:
- Name of the course
- Course objectives
- Lesson plan that includes
- Introduction notes – what you will cover
- Name of Kundalini Yoga sets and the Name of the source manual and page numbers
- Notes of what will be included in all presentations or lectures
- Timing of the day for the 8 hour workshop
- Timing of each class for six week course
- Copies of any Handouts
- Copy of Evaluation form you will use
Please be thoughtful and thorough in your presentation of the curriculum. You will be able to use each curriculum many times if it is well thought out and professional.
Submit your curricula as soon as possible for feedback, we are happy to work with you at any point in the process. After receiving feedback from us, you can incorporate it into the final draft to be submitted with your certification packet.
Other notes to be mindful of:
- Put in KRI approved Source Manual and page for all Kriyas and Meditations – include scanned copies or link if not the AT Yoga Manual as not everyone has all the manuals
- Denote how it was determined how long an exercise or section would take. Show specific of timing below for an explanation of posture (some will take only 30 seconds and Sat Kriya may take 1 or 2 minutes), how long for the practice of each posture – time how long that many of repetitions at the pace you would like it done) and how long for posture ending- adding ending when appropriate)
- Include rest time between postures unless it says to proceed immediately to the next posture
- Explain mudras if they are part of practice.. I.e do not just write Venus Mudra – denote how the Mudra is done- showing competency in cuing the mudra
Examples of student curricula
8 Hour Workshop Curriculum Sample
6 Week Kundalini Yoga Class Curriculm Sample
See a glossary of the most commonly used words that you will learn/use during the course.
See a copy of the Japji Sahib. Print this out at home so you can follow along during Sadhana.
We will be using this course meditation to open all of our sessions to set the tone and energy of the training.
Music for Course Meditation
Go here to hear the music for the course meditation.