The History of Kundalini Yoga
Are you interested in learning about the history and philosophy of “Yoga?” Today we have the incredible technology of Kundalini Yoga but how did this technology come about?
In this top-selling course, we will dip our toes into the river of history, and get a glimpse of where “yoga” began, how it changed and developed over time, and how it got to where we are today.
You might be surprised at the many meanings of the word “yoga” as it was understood in the past. There’s so much more to “yoga” than what you thought you knew!
The 6 part series consists of 2-hour long classes with two enriching Q and A sessions.
Concepts covered in this course:
- Ancient History
- The People of the Vedas
- The Shramanas
- The Bhagavad Gita and Bhakti
- The Yoga Sutra
- Hatha Yoga
- Modern Postural Yoga
- Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan
- Is Kundalini Yoga 5000 years old?
- What is the relationship of Kundalini Yoga to Sikh Dharma?
- Is there a connection between yoga and shamanism?
- 12 hours of carefully designed lectures that span the history of yoga from ancient times to our days
- Each video includes 2 pre-recorded Q&A sessions
- Power points of all the lectures
- Extra reading materials for each section + a recommended reading list
- Written transcripts of all the sessions
Pavan Dev Kaur (Jeannette Darcy), M. Div., IKYTA certified, RYT-200, is a Kundalini Yoga teacher and an independent scholar who lectures on comparative religion, Indian philosophy, and the history of yoga. Her classes are entertaining and enlightening, backed by years of personal and academic study, and paired with hands-on activities and meditations to help process the teachings.
In addition to working at NASA as an engineer for 30 years, she has over 25 years of experience in many types of yoga and meditation. She studied Sanskrit and Indian philosophy at Rice University, the American Institute of Indian Studies in Pune, India, and at the University of Chicago Divinity School where she earned her Master’s degree. She continues to study with spiritual masters and to live a life of service and gratitude.
Connect with Pavan Dev Kaur: