KRI – Message & Meditation of the Month from Nirvair August 2019
Meditation to Feel Free from Attachment to the Earth
and Give God a Chance
Originally taught on July 14th 1998
Time: 13 minutes.
- Sit in a comfortable position.
- Bring your hands together in front of your chin with fingers pointing up, palm and fingers not touching except for the tips. The point where the tip of the Saturn (middle) fingers touch is about six inches from your nose.
- Chant with Nirinjan Kaur’s recording of “Har Har Har Har Gobinday.”
- At every “Har,” press all five fingers together. Create equal meridian pressure in the finger tips when you press.
- After 10 minutes, begin whistling the mantra instead of chanting. Continue for the last 3 minutes.
Eyes Focus: Focus on the tip of the nose.
Har Har Har Har Gobinday,
Har Har Har Har Mukanday,
Har Har Har Har Udhaaray,
Har Har Har Har Apaaray,
Har Har Har Har Haree-ang,
Har Har Har Har Karee-ang,
Har Har Har Har Nirnaamay,
Har Har Har Har Akaamay.
Inhale, inhale very deeply. Hold it. See yourself as a conscious being and whistle out with a complete exhale. Whistle out to the last bit of breath. Inhale and hold it. Whistle out. Inhale deeply again, hold it and put all your pressure on the tip of fingers and bring the whole body into synchronization. Exhale with cannon fire out. Relax.
“If you are alert and you know your boundaries, you know your conception, you know your projection, you know how to move, you have all the manners, you have the commitment and the character, nobody can touch you. I am not saying they will not try, they will, but they won't go anywhere. Especially a woman who is not flexible, alert, well-disciplined and cannot confront the passage of life with her total dignity, will end up in pain…A person who gets rid of shallowness and claims courage, is compassionate and straightforward. There is no power on the Earth that can make them poor or undermine them.”
This mediation was originally published in the book “Your Own Infinity – The Teachings of Yogi Bhajan Compiled by Hargopal Kaur Khalsa”
Nirvair Singh Khalsa began studying with Yogi Bhajan in 1971. He is a retired University Instructor at the University of Alaska Anchorage where he taught classes in Kundalini Yoga for 31 years. He is a KRI certified lead trainer, and has taught classes, workshops and trainings throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. He lives with his wife of 50 years, Nirvair Kaur, in Santa Rosa California.
He is an author of many Kundalini Yoga books and videos, and posts content on three internet sites.